CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4/06/2008

my truest friends

outside of my family members, who as crazy as they are, truly are my friends, i really have very few friends. now, i know many people who i adore and care about and like. but a friend, a true friend is so much more than that to me. in my life, right now- i have two very dear close friends.



lindalee came for a weekend visit before she went back to south carolina/georgia from arizona. how good it was to have her near me. words can't describe the moment i walked away from her at the airport. i just broke down- completely. crying uncontrollably. lost it completely and just began to cry, the way a child does. with her, i am free to feel. no hiding. no chains. i can say whatever comes to mind. no judgement. no hatred. no abandonment. my one true friendship since college. she is such a blessing in my life. i can only pray that she knows what she means to me and how much i love having her as my friend.



for all of the reasons i can't stand ohio, i love it, just because of my introduction to her. without lele in my life-something would forever be lacking- off-kilter, out of sync. i needed her near me. more than she will ever know.



and the feeling to have my two dearest friends in the same place at the same time! i have been waiting for that to happen for years! and they got along- i mean, they really got along. and seeing them together- its funny how much they are alike in some ways- different in others, but at the core, what i love in each of them- so genuine, and caring, and funny. i am so blessed. while my truest friends might be limited in numbers, in no other way are those relationships lacking.



i know that i am not the easiest person to be friends with. i don't call as often as i should. i don't answer my phone every time you call. i don't always tell you the truth about my own health. but i hope that my friends, my truest friends love me for who i am and love me regardless. i hope that they can value me for what i can offer instead of blame me for what i lack.



this weekend, with my two truest friends broght me such a sweet joy. thanks girls. i love you both so much!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

=) You made my day!

-bucket